Wednesday, December 2, 2009

randomiming...

I luv my pictures. No, not the ones I'm in, but the ones I take. Call it bias, narcissism... I'm sure other people love their pictures, and I love other people's pictures too... but I luv my pictures.

My pictures are...
1. good and I like them...
2. not the clearest, sharpest, rightly angled, and I still like them...
3. good, but I don't necessarily like them, and
4. they're not good, and I don't like them.

With only a standard DSLR with the standard lens that came with it when I got it, I think that ranks me pretty much at the bottom of the list amongst my friends who are really into photography. One friend has at least two lenses and a crumpler backpack, and heaven knows whatever else he has for accessories. Another friend has four lenses (ack!) and two bags (one small and one big), and heaven knows whatever else he has for accessories.

NEWS FLASH: I just learned that a friend got the latest canon entry-level DSLR, and another friend's thinking of getting one too... urk! I'm going to be left even more behind amongst my peers!!!

I will most likely never win any photography contests (never mind that I don't submit any pictures)... not even a special mention for a special category, but... I still luv my pictures.

My friends take these ooh-some and wow-some pictures that I go ooh!!! and wow!!! to, along with the masses, and pictures that I always wish I can think of to begin with, and actually come up with, but... I still luv my pictures.

I'd like to think I take nice pictures. They're not the sharpest, nor the ooh-some-est nor wow-some-est ones when put together with the pictures of my more-creatively-gifted-or-trained friends, but... I still luv my pictures.

Again, as I said, call it narcissism, or self-patronization. I'm not bragging, nor being arrogant, but... I luv luv my pictures... (that's a hug for me).


And before I laid hands (literally) on my digital cameras ...

1 comment:

Shawie said...

Hey! I love your shots! they're great! The 2nd part (10 shots) has the really dramatic mood. Pang post cards, calendars, templates, back ground pics and many more pa... The one with the mountain reflection (the 5th one) is like rare to find...